Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps Friendly Feature - Deirdre Horgan

Hello and welcome. We are back with another Friend Feature – a monthly feature where we select a friend of Waltzingmouse Stamps to provide creative inspiration. This month our guest blogger is Deirdre Horgan. Deirdre has two wonderful shaker cards to share along with her creative way of designing them using Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I was a happy camper when Claire and Lynn contacted me a number of weeks ago to be featured on this special feature – I am so thrilled and honoured and still doing a little Irish gig!.

I made two cards to share today – they can each do a little “gig” too!.

The first is a “celebratory” one which I left “sentiment free” as I decided to let the “Shaker” part do all the talking.

IMG_9713

I cut my cardstock and used my Scor-Pal to score diagonal lines and then stamped the tiny cupcake from the Frame-It Stamp set in each space. The diagonal scoring made it very easy to keep my stamping even and uniform.

pink-card-shaker-element

I found some discarded clear packing in my stash to make the see through top layer of the shaker element and ran it through my Big Shot with a circle die. I needed to create a thin frame/layer to hold the acetate above the seed beads/stars and ran some foam adhesive through the Big Shot with two circle dies. I adhered the frame to the acetate filled with the tiny beads and veneer stars and adhered the white circle which I had already stamped – you could colour the cupcake too, but I wanted it clean and simple.

IMG_9734

My second card is using the new set – Man of the Hour. I decided to create another shaker card and used masculine coloured, copper sequins and some distressing using tea-dye ink and a blending tool.

dad-card-one

I ran my acetate through my Big Shot with a polka dot embossing folder and while it is difficult to photograph it adds an extra dimension to the layering.

gathering-supplies

I machine stitched the layers together (no need for adhesive) and filled the sequins behind the acetate before I stitched the last side. I adhered to the card front and added the sentiment layers and a round paper clip.

insert-sequins

Tip – if the sequins are too bright you can use a layer of vellum instead of the acetate and it gives the card a much more muted look.

vellum-overlay

Thank you to Waltzingmouse for featuring my cards today and thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Supply List: Celebration Card

Stamps - Frame It Stamp Set

Inks - Black Tuxedo ink – Memento

Dies – Circle dies – Lifestyle Crafts

Accessories - pink and black cardstock – Canson, wooden stars – Studio Calico, seed beads, foam dots – Stick It!, card blank – Docrafts, pearls, Scor-Pal, disused clear packaging, ribbon - Paperchase

Supply List: Dad Card

Stamps - Man of the Hour Stamp Set

Inks – Dark Chocolate – PTI, Tea Dye Distress Ink – Tim Holtz/Ranger

Dies – Wine bottle die and notebook die – PTI, Polka dot embossing folder – Lifestyle Crafts

Accessories – Persnickety 6x6 patterned paper – Lilybee Design, blending tool – Tim Holtz, Big Shot, acetate, copper sequins – Gutermann, Kraft card blank – Docrafts, circle paper clip – Crane’s, foam adhesive – Stick It! and machine stitching.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful shaker cards, Dee! I love both the feminine and masculine versions! Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally awesome Deirdre, What a great idea with the foam adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such creative creations Deirdre! I love them both~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great cards you made...and such a good tutorial. Loved the tip about the circle and pop dots for the shaker...that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, love how Deirdre has used the sequins on a masculine card. Great adhesive tip too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards! Congrats on your guest spot and I can see why you were asked Deirdre! Such creative cards. I loved the tip of how you cut the foam tape for the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well deserved guest spot Deirdre. Haven't tried a shaker card even though I love them - now I haven't any excuse not to!!!

    Thanks for sharing and congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deirdre, I am lovin' those shakers soooo much! Very nice! I am adding you to my Bloglovin favs just to see what creative things you do next! TFS,
    Melinda - Winter Bear Trading

    PS. Love your little widget on your blog! Really nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are incredibly fabulous!
    I love that little cuppie...
    and with the sequins and stars...
    makes it so festive!
    But really lovin' the "man" card...
    with sequins!
    That's a hard one to pull off and still have it "manly" and you did it perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fantastic cards, with a fabulous tutorial too! Gorgeous designs and congrats on being the feature friend this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tip you've given us - I may try a shaker card trying this method.

    And Loved the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards!! Love the sequins - great job, Deidre!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! I love seeing the masculine card! I get stuck trying to come up with something that looks nice, but isn't too girly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!